Change

In some ways, my life has been consistent for the past three years. A good job, Princess the guinea pig. Okay, so the other guinea pig died, I changed churches, but I'm still in the same apartment, and it is still a mess. I still see the same counselor, except not this week. So it is really a jumble of new and old.

But the newest change is leaving my job. I can't tell you how sad it makes me. I stay up late at night, then am exhausted at my job the next day. I love the people I work with, and I have been doing this sort of work for nearly ten years.

Also, I'm the one making this decision; no one is making me do it. Now that I finally have my teaching certification coming, I want a job that requires it, or to sub for a job that requires it, so that I gain experience to gain a "certificated" position. I guess I would rather be the cause of a change, even if it leaves me asking myself, "What am I doing? Why am I bringing this uncertain change on myself!?"

And I don't have a job starting next week, not so far. So Friday is my last "official" day at work as well as the last planned work day. I do have plans for Saturday, though. Dentist plans. Better than nothing!

And then soon comes the fair! I continued my tradition of entering things in the fair, entering two new categories and one old category. The new ones are Literary Works and Scrap-booking. The old is Photography. 4 photos, 3 of which are fairly unique. The fourth is a sunny/cloudy sky, not really unique. As for the Literary work, I totally waited to the last few hours to finish writing it. Writing seems to need a deadline when I must contend with perfectionistic publishing issues. Blogging, thankfully, is in a slightly different category, allowing me to post more easily than I can enter a fair or write a paper for a class. As for scrap-booking, the local craft stores should sponsor our fair tickets or something. Do you know how much money can easily be poured into scrap-booking? A $12 scrapbook with 10 page protectors (in the 12 x 12 inch size), $2.40 for stickers, $2.40 for special tape/glue stuff, and that doesn't count printing the photos, paying sales tax, or the supplies that I bought but did not use (so could technically return or exchange. Let me just say that I don't usually spend $17 plus on something like that... Oh, who am I kidding. Guinea pig bedding is more than that. And I have been known to fork out many dollars on fair projects. It might be a weakness of mine, or an honorable hobby, or both.

Well, on the positive side, I have calmed down from fretting over the upcoming job changes (not completely, but maybe enough to continue with my evening). So farewell for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My merry-go-round

I miss my blog

An unseen illness