Yes, I drove to the library because I wanted to write on my blog. Nobody reads my journal and it is less lonely to write on my blog. Church. I grew up in church. I'm the daughter of a former church leader. I know how to go to Sunday school and the morning service. I know how to find verses with a concordance. And so on and so forth. So then I sit this morning listening, and I heard how people need God and try to meet that need other ways and end up in trouble. And I sat there knowing that I did have this relationship with God and still I was in trouble. I'm not saying I don't want this relationship. It's very important and I'm very excited for heaven. I just want help even though I already have this relationship with God. So then I feel like a selfish person wanting to hog people's attention (in church instead of just by blogging instead of journaling). I guess I'm missinterpreting again. Seems I'm good at that. In reality,... let's try and apply som...
Popular posts from this blog
Change
In some ways, my life has been consistent for the past three years. A good job, Princess the guinea pig. Okay, so the other guinea pig died, I changed churches, but I'm still in the same apartment, and it is still a mess. I still see the same counselor, except not this week. So it is really a jumble of new and old. But the newest change is leaving my job. I can't tell you how sad it makes me. I stay up late at night, then am exhausted at my job the next day. I love the people I work with, and I have been doing this sort of work for nearly ten years. Also, I'm the one making this decision; no one is making me do it. Now that I finally have my teaching certification coming, I want a job that requires it, or to sub for a job that requires it, so that I gain experience to gain a "certificated" position. I guess I would rather be the cause of a change, even if it leaves me asking myself, "What am I doing? Why am I bringing this uncertain change on myself!?...
Abigail, The quandary you got in over correcting/not correcting the lab report is so familiar to me. I have the same issues with accuracy and honesty. I think you handled it well and with a lot of self-awareness. Love the cartoon, and I think it's great to express yourself through art!
ReplyDeleteUgh I remember those stressful situations from college!!!! I was forever tormented wondering if I was cheating or not. Good for you for not re-typing!
ReplyDeleteLove the cartoon! And I think you handled your "situation" well!
ReplyDeleteI love your cartoons!
ReplyDeleteConcerns with perfect accuracy and the topic of your cartoons, about not knowing if you stole something, are things that I often worry about. In stores I usually check my hands, especially if I've looked at jewlery, just in case I forgot. I've even had a dream that I stole sunglasses on accident. When writing, I check facts even when I am 100% sure that I am correct, silly things included. All of my letters have to be just right, too, circles always have to be closed. There are other things like: walking up stairs in a particular way, lights have to be on when entering a closed off room, turning faucets and light switches on and off because I am not convinced that they are truely off, tapping my door to prove it's shut, checking my alarm clock over and over again and feeling the occasional need to say a word with a specific letter in it. I check everything several times before moving on, and even then I am not satisfied. I am not superstitious AT ALL, but I do not like to step on large cracks. In fact, when I walk on a sidewalk I like to take an even number of steps on each slab. I used to avoid the side of my bed that I had dubbed the wrong side, and if a part of my body slipped over I would have to clean it by putting it over the good side. I am constantly washing my hands, for any reason, though I have no fear of germs, and I will not touch anything. I hate any sniffling, coughing or sneezing sound to the point where I have to cancel it out with my own sound or snap of the fingers. Also, I have to have the last word, always, or I go nuts. I am not very tidy, even sloppy, but with some things I can be picky. Bad grammer and spelling make me cringe and I try hard to erase the images from my mind. There are other things, too. I drive my family crazy. Could this be ocd, or just strange habits; I have been reading lots on ocd, but I cannot tell. My lack of order makes me think not, but my frustrating habits, which at times seem hard to control, make it seem possible. I am sorry, this isn't really a comment, though I did like your cartoon. I just felt the need to get this out. I haven't really talked about this with my parents, I am 16, and I wanted to put this somewhere appropriate that didn't require my email or phone number.
ReplyDeletemake an appt. with your doctor and tell him/her this info. They will get you started with a proper diagnosis if you need one and places to go for help. good luck.
DeleteI agree with Karin; this would be a good thing to discuss with your doctor. I hope you can talk about it with your parents, too. You could even print off your comment and show it to your parents/doctor; sometimes I find some things easier to say in writing (or in pictures).
DeleteNot everybody with OCD is worried about germs, and not everybody with OCD keeps their surroundings clean and orderly.
And I wish you good luck, too. :)
Loved, loved, loved your cartoon, Abigail. My college years were full of ocd ruminations in my head- about cheating, being honest, sexuality etc. It was not a fun time- altho i did have fun. Now I understand those years better as at the time i had no idea what was wrong. I thot i was just having 'evil' thots.
ReplyDeleteOne of your pic's struck home! I remember years ago, wishing i was worrying about something real- like whether i was stealing as it could be PROVEN that i didn't take anything. Nope, i had to 'feel' that 'maybe' i had been molesting my son while i changed his diaper.- something that couldn't be proven. Now that i know what ocd is, i realize that actual proof doesn't solve the problem- ocd would find a way around the lack of evidence. But your pic. reminded me of how i used to long to be able to show myself evidence of no wrongdoing.
I hope you're able to jump on the ocd monster enuf to get your school work done- and get some rest too.
Thanks, Karin.
DeleteAnd your obsession experiences you mentioned here bring memories of more of my obsession experiences. But I need to remember that these obsessions aren't all attacking me anymore, thankfully.