of tassels and graduation

Need I say more? Of course, I will say more anyway. :)
 See that big building in the background? All dedicated to Early Childhood Education and Research? (Hear the undercurrent that hints of a future quest for a Master's degree? But not yet!)
 One of my favorite pictures due to the beautiful mountains, but not quite my favorite due to the tassel still being on the un-graduated side.
 My sister drove up and I drove down and we met in the middle far from either of our homes at the college I attended from a 10 or more hour drive away (online).
 I just can't stick to traditional poses. And I'm pretty sure the sun was bright.
After I had lost my tassel. I wasn't ready to wear my hat in this picture without my tassel. That was too sad.

Speaking of the lost tassel, we walked way too long looking for it. I was not dressed for a long walk. And we didn't find it.

But while we are still on the tassel subject, since that seems to be a main theme, and because I want to tell you, I was able to order a replacement tassel, so I now have one that looks just like the original one, light blue for the college of education, with the correct year attached.

And now, here it is; I graduated with honors (magna cum laude) and got my Bachelor of Science degree in Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education.

And along with my changing education level, I'm not changing jobs. But I am changing age groups, only not because of my degree, per se. I.e., my degree would serve me well (without any financial advantage) whether I taught toddlers or preschool. Furthermore, good toddler teachers are just as important as good preschool teachers.

Nonetheless, I'm moving from teaching toddlers to teaching preschoolers, same place, same boss, different classroom, different age, slightly different schedule.

And I'm so excited! But now my shelves full of board books at home will need to be sorted through and mostly put in storage (perhaps where it already is; it's expected usage will merely change). And my toddler toys that are too far on the baby side are going into storage. But my brain and my excitement are staying out of storage.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!!!!! I love the picture of you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way cool. Speaking of tassels, my husband's high school graduation tassel (2004, I believe) is STILL hanging from his rearview mirror. He's switched it with every vehicle and is so very fussy about all the strands hanging right and not being tangled or disarrayed or anything. (You'd think being so fussy he'd take the time to wash the thing so it'd be navy and white instead of navy and grey, eh? lol) Congratulations, and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Way to go lady!!! Congratulations!

    And look at that - graduating with honors. Looks like you didn't have to worry about the quality of your work after all! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my blog

My merry-go-round

An unseen illness