cleaning out my closet

I really think my medication dose change is working! That has me so happy. Even though I'm sick with a cold or sinus infection, my mood is mostly okay, which is like a miracle. The kind of miracle that works with science, not the kind that breaks scientific rules.

Today, I got that irritating feeling that is great for cleaning out my belongings. I thought of getting rid of various things, but settled on cleaning out my shirts, pants, and videos and dvds.

I actually sold some of my dvds to a store to resell! I haven't done that before, so it took some courage (I have anxiety issues, so that isn't a surprise). The rest went to the thrift store bearing the name of the organization that I've heard about helping people with mental illness and people needing help.

As for shirts, I seem to have developed a tendency to just keep saving shirts. This time I told myself I should only have 7 of each kind of shirt. That leaves me more than enough, yet I still had a basket full of clothing to get rid of.

I still have a few that sentementally I keep saving... Maybe next time I go through my shirts I get rid of more. I did get rid of one of my shirts from Puerto Rico. Good thing I already donated it; just now I'm thinking, "But that's my only shirt that said Luquillo on it!" Getting rid of shirts doesn't mean I get rid of the memories; my counselor taught me that. But the shirt wont be there any more. :( Oh, well.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling better! That is really good news!

    When I sort through belongings and set aside clothes, etc. that I don't use anymore, it feels so good. I haven't done that in a while--I'm overdue.

    I can understand having sentimental attachments to clothes--but you make an excellent point: your memories are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It does feel good to clean out clothing; I agree.

      Delete
  2. So glad you are feeling better!! Awesome.

    Hey, I just realized that I never signed up to follow your blog??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, welcome to officially following, but thanks for following unofficially and commenting before as well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my blog

My merry-go-round

Time to add a therapist?