Today was my first day after finishing my classes. In celebration of my new freedom... I cleaned my room. At first, that was okay, but towards the end, I thought more depressed. But I didn't want to stop until I was finished, either.

Then later in the afternoon, I thought, maybe I should go ahead and sign up for another summer class; I'm just not too good with free time.

I think part of it is the drop-dead-date effect, when I have a due date I work towards, and then afterwards, everything should be so much better. Why, I shouldn't even feel the depression, especially since I'm curently thinking that my medication might be helping it. Unfortunately, depression doesn't just vanish for me, not yet.

This evening, one of my tires was really low, as in, I could tell it was more than OCD this time. But I went and filled it up, and here is the exciting thing; I was able to use the tool that measures the tire pressure! I had given up on my ability to use it, since I always got different - and sometimes far off - results. But this evening, it worked! Another of those moments when a big, insurmountable problem was suddenly removed. Now, if the tire will just stay full enough and not have a leak... (because I really don't want to go to the tire store and deal with all that).

Comments

  1. Abigail--Congratulations on being able to use the tire pressure tool! I always let my husband or someone at a garage use it. I'm so scared that I won't put the little cap on tightly and will let too much air seep out. Silly thinking, I guess.

    I understand the "drop-dead-date" feeling. When I finally finish a big project, my relief is never as great as I've anticipated it will be.

    I hope you are able to enjoy some down time. You've worked so hard this semester, I can tell. You need a break! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my blog

My merry-go-round

An unseen illness