Hmmm. I think there might be a little problem. My blog comments have gotten longer than my blog posts. Sorry. I'll try to comment more concisely. :)

I was having a bad afternoon. I took a nap, but even that didn't stop it. I'm in the normal pattern - the down side of it. I get more depressed, then I start having trouble falling asleep at night, and the loss of sleep seems to make the depression worse... It seems that sometimes if I really focus on doing what I need to do to help the depression (exercise, food, sleep, relaxing), that can change the spiral back around.

So I told myself I only had to exercise 5 minutes today to cross it off my list. But I then told myself to exercise for 10 minutes. I exercised for 15. Small steps are so much easier than trying to right everything at once (which just wont happen right now; I'm not feeling that good).

And reading blogs helped just now. Thanks to you all with OCD who blog about it!

Comments

  1. Thank you for blogging, Abigail! If you need to write a long comment, then write away! Sometimes I get a little long too . . .

    You're right--the small steps are easier and they are important. They lead the way forward. I hope you feel better soon. Here's a {hug}.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my blog

My merry-go-round

An unseen illness