I survived Christmas. Actually, I enjoyed it. Not to say my brain never irritated me, but over all I enjoyed it. And today I am exhausted. It would seem that the stress of the holidays is real. Stressful to be around people in a way that isn't in my normal routine. Doesn't mean I don't love them. Doesn't mean they don't love me. Just means that non-normal is stressful to me (and normal is stressful, too).

I'm hoping I get to go to counseling this week. It's been awhile. It's scheduled, so hopefully it will happen.

And now I'm going to look for a movie instead of playing the "lets solve the mental problem that I'm sure is there and I forgot/don't yet know what it is" game. I can do this!

Comments

  1. Yes, watch a movie! Enjoy yourself despite OCD's attempts to distract you. :)

    Congrats on making it through (and even enjoying!) your Christmas. I agree, non-normal schedules/events can make life more stressful and trigger OCD in ways you may not normally experience. I'm getting better at handling "non-normal" things, which is nice because it allows me to be more flexible and less bent out of shape when plans do get changed or unexpected things do occur.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I miss my blog

An unseen illness

My merry-go-round